Guide to Install Android on iPhone 2G
למאמר המקוריWe had heard some time ago … Once the Google Android platform is open source, it would be hard to see it run on the iPhone. And the famous iPhone hacker known as planetbeing succeed. Earlier last week we told you about first successful porting of Android over iPhone 2G [Check here], since then we are getting too many e-mails, twitter mentions for a noob proof guide to install Android on iPhone 2G. I tried to make this post / guide as user friendly as possible, but if you still have any doubt / problem feel free to post a comment below.
First of all thanks to planetbeing for his hard work, and if you guys are happy with his work please donate support him.
Warning / Notes :
- Only iPhone 2G is supported at the moment, don't try this for iPhone 3G/3GS and iPod touch family.
- Do it at your own risk, iDroid is in Alpha stage and if your device /explode/ during experiment we are not responsible.
- Read the whole post 2-3 times before installing Android on your iPhone.
- iPhone 2G already jailbroken.
- Ubuntu Live CD / Ubuntu installed on PC (Ubuntu 9.10 latest version)
- WiFi connection
Stage One :1) Download iDroid package [Download here]
Due to licensing restrictions, these images do not include firmware files required for WiFi and the touch screen to function. For adding Touch screen support you need zephyr_main.bin, zephyr_aspeed.bin and for adding WiFi support you need sd8686_helper.bin, sd8686.bin You'll need to obtain these files and add them into the android.img.gz and system.img images yourself.2) Extract iDroid package to the desktop using 7zip [Download here]. You will need to extract the tar.gz which turns it into a .tar. Extract it again and .tar turns in to a folder.
If you are geek enough then check iPhoneWiKi [Click here] and do it your self. If you want my patched images ping me on my twitter iHackinjosh
3) SSH to you phone and transfer the contents of "Prebuilt" to the /private/var directry on your iPhone using WinSCP / Cyberduck . If you are unfamiliar with SSH transfers the follow our previous guide here.
Stage Two : Install Open iBootBoot up an Ubuntu LIVE CD. Make sure you have libusb-1.0-0 installed. If not then just find and install it using the System – Admin – Package Manager tool.
All commands below are run from your Linux computer, from within the iDroid > utils directory so copy "loadibec" "openiboot.img3" and "oibc" to your home folder in Linux.
- Put your iPhone into Recovery Mode doing the following instructions.
- Turn the device completely off and disconnect it from cable/dock.
- Hold down the home button.
- While holding down the home button connect to a computer with a cable (easiest) or dock.
- Keep holding down the home button until you see a connect-to-iTunes screen You are now in recovery mode.
sudo ./loadibec openiboot.img3
- The openiboot menu should now be displayed on your phone.
- Press the button on the top of your phone to select the openiboot console, then press the home button.
sudo ./oibc. Your terminal should now show the same text that's displayed on your phone's screen.
- Once done, type
- The phone should boot back into openiboot. Again select the console option, but this time hold down the home button for 2+ seconds. This will boot Android.
Stage Three : Booting / Switching Android or iPhone OS
- Reboot your phone to get back to the openiboot menu.
- Press the Lock button to highlight the Console option.
- Press and hold the Home button for 2 to 3 seconds. This will boot Android.